This bibliography contains books and articles on disasters. You need to search for books by title in our catalog. To see if we have an article, search for the title of the journal in the Journals section of the library home page. If you need something that our library does not own, go to the Interlibrary Loan link on the library home page to create an account, so that our Interlibrary Loan service can get the item you need.
Leave today's class with 3 scholarly articles on your topic.
Using the Disaster Research Classics document in the box at the left, pick three (3) scholarly journal articles focused on some aspect of disasters or emergency management.
- Disaster Research Classics and Overviews
- Social Vulnerability to Disaster
- Resilience and Long-term Recovery
- Disaster and Environmentally-induced Social Change and Migration
- Risk Perception
Locate, whether from the library or online scholarly article database, and read your three (3) articles. Submit a 2 - 3 page review (Microsoft Word, New Times Roman, 12 point font, double-spaced) where you:
1. How to find a book when you know the title.
2. How to find an article when you know the name of the journal.
3. How to use Google Scholar to find scholarly articles.