Staff at the main desk (x7815) can:
- Send materials to you through campus mail.
- Place reserves for your class.
- Schedule media for use in your class.
If you need assistance with general and research-related information needs:
- Contact us during these hours
- Phone: 570-320-2409
- Ask A Madigan Librarian
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Library Staff
We try to reply to e-mails within 24 hours. Questions that require extensive research may take longer.
Learn a New Software: Lynda.com
All students and employees of Penn College now have access to the lynda.com online subscripton library that teaches the latest software tools and skills through high-quality instructional videos taught by recongnized industry experts.
Welcome to Library Services for Faculty!
The Madigan Library offers many services to our faculty. These include:
- Teaching library instruction to your classes
- Contacting Your Subject Librarian
- Placing materials on reserve
- Viewing Copyright information
- Requesting media for use in your classes
- Requesting the purchase of library materials
- Borrowing a laptop
- Requesting an article/book not in Madigan Library
- Reading the latest "Library Confidential"
- Showing a Plagiarism video to students
- Signing up for Turnitin
- Setting up a Turnitin Dropbox in PLATO
- Researching materials when working on additional degrees
- Creating Effective Library Assignments
- Evaluating Resources: Rubrics for Students
- Enjoying a quiet faculty get-a-way in the Teachers' Learning Center LIB213
A QUICK GUIDE to all of the above
Student Library Award
Marilyn G. Bodnar Library Award for Excellence in Research - presented to a student who demonstrates exemplary research and information literacy skills in a theoretical or applied project in his or her field of study. Please contact your Subject Librarian for further details.
570-320-2400 ext. 4115
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.